PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Our programs and services
HEALTH & SUPPORT
- Older adults
- Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming, Non-Binary (TGNCNB) People
- Personas hablan Espanol LGBT people who mostly or often speak Spanish
- LGBT-headed families and for LGBT people seeking to start families (sign up here)
- People with living with HIV/AIDS
- Free Youth Counseling Services for ages up to 21 living in Nassau and Suffolk County. In-person and virtual sessions are available. Contact us today for an appointment.
- Crisis intervention, support, and advocacy for LGBT people who are victims and survivors of hate crimes, sexual assault, domestic & intimate partner violence, bullying, discrimination and other situations requiring immediate assistance. Submit Incident Report
- Referrals for other LGBT-affirming and welcoming community services
The LGBT Network is a regional leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS. Our services help the entire community to know their status, prevent the transmission of HIV, and to maintain health through treatment. All services are free and confidential.
Our services include:
- HIV Pre- and Post-Test Counseling and Education
- HIV Testing (20-minute rapid results test)
- HCV (Hepatitis C) Testing (20-minute rapid results test)
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections/diseases (STIs/STDs) including Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis
Testing currently available by appointment only. Contact us to make an appointment today!
- Queens: firstname.lastname@example.org – 646-784-9112
Linkage & Navigation Services
- Information, Education, Referrals, and Linkage to PrEP and PEP
LGBT Network provides safer sex supplies including condoms for free.
CAMPAIGNS & ADVOCACY
LGBT Network has been pioneering advocacy and social change for the LGBT community since 1993. We champion efforts that create safer, more supportive, and more inclusive spaces where LGBT people live, learn, work, play, and pray.
National Coming Out Day (NCOD) Campaign
Launched in 2002 to commemorate National Coming Out Day, the LGBT Network’s NCOD Campaign is a one-day campaign that engages communities to take a stand against the discrimination, violence, harassment, and bullying of LGBT people by coming out in support of safe spaces where they LIVE, LEARN, WORK, PLAY, and PRAY. Visit the Campaign website here.
Teach LGBT NY
The LGBT Network is working to ensure that LGBT-inclusive curriculum is mandated in New York Schools. Through community organizing and advocacy, we’re working to advance these efforts. Get involved here.
LGBT Network was a partner for Census 2020 to raise awareness and encourage as many LGBT people to complete the Census.
As part of our work to stop HIV/AIDS, the LGBT Network promotes the availability of PrEP as the once-a-day pill that helps to prevent the transmission of HIV.
As a leader of programs and services for LGBT people, LGBT Network organizes various Services Consortiums to convene a range of providers and to coordinate LGBT-affirming and inclusive services. LGBT Network organizes Services Consortiums for Long Island and Queens Regions, as well as the Outer Boroughs.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Since 1993, the LGBT Network has delivered its Education and Training Programs including its signature “LGBT 101” core program, educating hundreds of thousands of students, school staff, non-profit and healthcare providers, workplace professionals, government personnel, and other members of the community:
Safe Schools Initiative
- Anti-bullying LGBT 101 workshop for students/youth grades in K-12 and community settings
- Training for School Teachers, Staff, and Administrators
- GSA student leadership programs
- Upstander Training
- Days of Action Campaign Training
Safe Space Trainings for Providers
- LGBT 101 for non-profit organizations and healthcare providers
- LGBT 101 for the Workplace
- Top 10 Dos & Don’t When Someone is Out at Work
- Still Coming Out
- HR & Management LGBT Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs
LGBT Training Institute
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) provider for social workers
The LGBT Network’s Safe Schools Initiative helps students and staff create safer, more supportive, and more inclusive schools for LGBT youth and their friends and allies. The Initiative works through collaborative partnerships with over 100 school districts throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, reaching tens of thousands of Long Islanders each year.
Programs of the Safe Schools Initiative include:
- LGBT 101 Anti-Bullying workshops for students
- Training for teachers, administrators, and other school staff
- GSA Organizing Program
- Days of Action Training, including for National Coming Out Day & Day of Silence
- Annual LGBT Youth Conference
Schools can request trainings online here.
The LGBT Network’s Workplace Initiative advances LGBT diversity, equity, and inclusion in workplaces to create safer and more supportive work environments for LGBT people. Our work focuses on five pillars:
- Workplace Trainings to increase awareness, strengthen processes, and advance efforts
- Professional Education with structured educational programs with guest speakers
- Employee Resource Group (ERG) Circle bringing together ERG leaders and members to network and exchange best practices
- Networking to foster connections and build community
- Advisory Council to volunteer time to help guide and shape the Workplace Initiative (sign up here)
- Blue Print for LGBT Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Enter your email address to receive updates
The LGBT Network relies on the support of their many volunteers to serve Long Island and Queens LGBT communities. As a volunteer, you will join the ranks of other kind, compassionate, generous, hardworking individuals who have affected tremendous and far-reaching change for our community.