Housing Case Manager, ATC Program (Nassau County) – Full-time (Options for Community Living, Inc.)
The Housing Case Manager assists the Housing Program Manager in the coordination and provision of support services to clients of the Suffolk housing program. The Case Manager is responsible for recruitment and assessment of eligible clients, oversight of the housing sites including safety checks and regular visits, rent payment, assisting in site maintenance, and case management services or coordination with external Care Coordinators or Case Managers, as appropriate. Implement contract regulations and assist with preparation of necessary reports to funding sources.
- Assist in the development, implementation, planning and coordination of program policies, procedures and operations.
- Provide case management services, independent living skills training, organize peer support groups and/or provide necessary transportation for housing clients.
- Make regular visits to see housing sites to ensure health and safety of clients and access to services. Must travel to visit clients using own vehicle on a regular basis.
- Maintain contact with referral sources to identify program candidates. Complete intakes and gather supporting documentation. Maintain and update status of waiting list clients.
- Arrange for submission of DSS housing requests, inspection of sites and maintain relationship with appropriate DSS staff.
- Complete assessments, reassessments and service plans as needed.
- Participate in case conferences as needed (at least annually).
- Assist in coordination of discharges when necessary, ensuring appropriate residential alternatives and services.
- Other program or administrative activities as appropriate.
- Meet with internal or external case management staff regularly to coordinate services.
- Coordinate admissions and discharges.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in health or human services and one year qualifying experience* or, Associate’s Degree in health or human services or certification as an R.N. or L.P.N. and two years qualifying experience*.
- A valid driver’s license and insurance card is required. Must maintain valid first aid/CPR certification.
*Qualifying experience: Verifiable full or part time case management or case work with persons with HIV or AIDS, and/or persons with a history of mental illness, homelessness or chemical dependence. Experience with families preferred.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, or 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Full-time Employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long-term and Short-term Disability
- Supplemental Specified Illness Coverage
- Supplemental Hospitalization Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 4 Personal Days, 10-22 Vacation Days, 8 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidaysyearly
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match