Health Care Facilitator, Mental Health Program (Suffolk County) – Full-time (Options for Community Living, Inc.)
The Health Care Facilitator provides training and assistance to residents of community residence program in order to help them attain and maintain optimal physical health by coordinating health care planning with residents’ health care practitioners.
- Coordinate and be a liaison with medical providers for residents in the community residence program, specifically those with additional medical needs.
- Problem-solve to manage acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Liaise with home health aides as needed.
- Arrange for group visits by certain providers who do house visits (podiatrists, dentists, etc.).
- Lead wellness groups and healthy lifestyle groups.
- Receive and organize all health reports, medical incident reports, and other related documentation.
- Facilitate and ensure follow-up medical recommendations are implemented.
- Coordinate referrals to Home Health Care agencies.
- Work with program staff to develop strategies to meet any special needs that a participant may have.
- Maintain an inventory of supply usage and maintain First Aid and Biohazard kits.
- Provide resources for obtaining affordable durable medical equipment.
- Implement safety guidelines.
- Collect data on medically-oriented outcomes.
- Identify health-related training needs for staff and residents.
- Participate in original intake to identify medical needs.
- Assist with referrals to medical day programs and maintain contact with providers.
- Maintain directory of facilities and establish relationships at such facilities in event of client discharge or acute stay.
- In collaboration with other team members, direct the establishment of short and long term goals related to management of health care.
- Assess need for and implement special accommodations in accordance with Options’ Accessibility Plan.
- Write progress notes. Review case management plans related to health objectives and prepare periodic reassessments.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and must maintain an up to date professional license.
- Minimum of one year experience serving individuals with severe and persistent mental illness or with developmental disabilities.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and access to a car required.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long-term and Short-term Disability
- Supplemental Specified Illness Coverage
- Supplemental Hospitalization Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 4 Personal Days, 10-22 Vacation Days, 8 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays-yearly
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match