Counselor, Mental Health Program (Suffolk County) – Full-time Overnights (Options for Community Living, Inc.)
The full time overnight counselor provides various support services to the residents and is responsible for training and assisting residents in the activities of daily living. Reports to the Community Residence Supervisor.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of individual service plans and monitor plan objectives.
- Train and assist residents in the activities of daily living.
- Manage medication.
- Provide case management and follow-up service.
- Provide counseling, behavioral intervention and crisis management services.
- Assist in the day-to-day management and household maintenance of the community residence in a professional manner.
- Provide transportation for residents as needed.
- Notify the Community Residence Supervisor/Program Manager of any medical or psychiatric emergency.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid driver's license for at least 3 years.
- Access to a car, proper car insurance, and a safe driving record. The employee uses his or her own vehicle for transportation between sites and is reimbursed for mileage.
- Friday 8:30 PM – 8:00 AM
- Saturday 8:00 PM – 8:00 AM
- Sunday 8:30 PM – 8:00 AM
Full Time Employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long-term and Short-term Disability
- Supplemental Specified Illness Coverage
- Supplemental Hospitalization Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 4 Personal Days, 10-20 Vacation Days, 8 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays-yearly
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match