LGBT Network's 2019 Legislative Agenda
- Mandate LGBT History in NY Mandate the NYS Education Department to provide education instruction on the political, economic and social contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in an appropriate place in the curriculum of middle school and high school students.
- Expand MWBE to LGBT owned businesses.
- Strengthen Hate Crime and Anti-Bullying legislation
- Increase resources to address criminal justice issues impacting the LGBT community including domestic violence and substance abuse.
- Increase mental resources to address alarming rates of depression, suicide, and homelessness amongst LGBT youth