Hamptons Center Video Contest
We are very excited to announce that the LGBT Network’s Hamptons Center is launching a video contest for high school and middle school gay-straight alliance (GSA) clubs within the five East End towns of Riverhead, Southampton, East Hampton, Southold, and Shelter Island.
About the Contest
The Hamptons Center Youth Video Contest is an opportunity to film and produce a short video that highlights and promotes The Hamptons Center and its services for the community. GSA clubs do not need any fancy video equipment to qualify; video footage from smartphones is anticipated.
All video entries must by submitted via website upload by Friday, April 28, 2017 before midnight (NOTE: The original deadline of April 14th was extended to April 28th)
GSA clubs should register as soon as possible using the Pre-Registration Form to express their intent to submit a video for the contest. This will help the LGBT Network understand that your club is interested, and so that we can ensure you have the technical support necessary to produce your video.
The GSA clubs who receive the top three scores will receive cash prizes as follows:*
*Cash prizes will be awarded directly to the GSA clubs for their use to conduct anti-bullying activities in their schools.
**Fan Favorite will be award to the video that receives the most views. (Please note that “Fan Favorite” and any prize level may be awarded to the same GSA club)
A community panel will be established to judge and score all eligible submissions posted and will select three videos as finalists. The panel will evaluate videos based on the following factors:
Special thanks to Otis Ford in Quogue as the sponsor of our cash prizes!
1. Eligibility: This contest is open to all high school and middle school gay-straight alliance (GSA) clubs.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of LGBT Network, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
3. Contest Period: All online video entries must be received by Friday, April 28, 2017 11:59 PM EST.
4. How to Enter: Fill out the Pre-Registration Form by clicking here.
Create your video!
Fill out entry form and upload video to http://woobox.com/aq4xh7
We encourage GSA clubs to make their videos fun and compelling, and find innovative ways to present the information. The videos will be used to build visibility and awareness of the LGBT Network’s Hamptons Center.
*PLEASE NOTE: Save your video in the original MP4 format after uploading it. If your club’s submission is voted as the top video, you may be asked to provide us with your submission in its original format.
5. Prizes: The GSA Club submitting the first prize video will receive $500, Second prize will receive $300, and Third Prize will receive $200. The “Fan Favorite” video will receive a TBD prize after views are calculated. The top video will be prominently displayed on our website, as well as our Facebook page.
Do you still have questions?
Please contact Mauro Gomez, Program Manager for Leadership & Education at 631-665-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding The Hamptons Center Youth Video Contest. When e-mailing, please make sure to include the words “video contest” in the subject line.